Utility to store large item metadata strings to file/s when dropped, which usually causes a server crash "String too long for serializeString".
Storage can be implemented with a single function call, and an optional handler. The data is stored in the world save folder, and cleanup of redundant stored data is handled automatically.
An on_destroy handler is also supported, called when:
- a dropped item is about to be destroyed (permanently removed from the world).
- when the pulverize command is used.
- when an item is destroyed with creative inventory trash.
- when an item is destroyed with unified_inventory trash.
- when the unified_inventory Clear inventory is used.
- when an item is destroyed with i3 inventory trash.
- when the i3 inventory Clear inventory is used.
The mod uses os.time () for time stamping. In common platforms this returns a seconds count from an epoch. Lua documentation is ambiguous about less common platforms.
While this mod is game agnostic, each game should be checked for functionality.
Known to work with:
- Minetest Game
- Dream Builder Game
Known to not work with:
See readme.txt in mod for implementation details.