Books Redux is full rewrite of default books from Minetest Game, offering players a rich selection of books and papers for highly personalized in-game communication.
- Choose from 4 different cover and page styles for books
- Choose from 12 different page styles for papers
- Choose from a wide variety of background color schemes
- Page sizes can range from small, large, wide, and tall
- Bookmarks can be added, removed, or recalled on-the-fly
- Edits to books and papers can be previewed before saving
- Simple page navigation for editing and viewing books
- All content is encrypted using a 128-bit block cipher
- Legacy books can still be viewed in compatibility mode
Even better still, books and papers are both easily craftable using the same traditional recipes as before: 3 papyrus for one paper, and 3 paper for one book.
With so many possible combinations of sizes, colors, and styles, the design possibilities are virtually endless! Moreover, custom layout and formatting of text is also possible using the Bedrock Markup Language. In fact, the editor for books and papers should be very familiar to those accustomed to the Signs Redux mod
Of course, plain-text messages are acceptable as well, as they will render exactly as they are input, without any fancy colors or styles. Then again, that would be boring!