What should editors do?
Editors are users of rank Editor or above. They are responsible for ensuring that the package listings of ContentDB are useful. For this purpose, they can/will:
- Review and approve packages.
- Edit any package - including tags, releases, screenshots, and maintainers.
- Create packages on behalf of authors who aren't present.
Editors should make sure they are familiar with the Package Inclusion Policy and Guidance.
ContentDB is not a curated platform
It's important to note that ContentDB isn't a curated platform, but it also does have some requirements on minimum usefulness. See 2.2 in the Policy and Guidance.
Editor Work Queue
The Editor Work Queue and related pages contain useful information for editors, such as:
- The package, release, and screenshot approval queues.
- Packages which are outdated or are missing tags.
- A list of forum topics without packages. Editors can create the packages or "discard" them if they don't think it's worth adding them.
Editors currently receive notifications for any new thread opened on a package, so that they know when a user is asking for help. These notifications are shown separately in the notifications interface, and can be configured separately in Emails and Notifications.