Frequently Asked Questions
Users and Logins
How do I create an account?
How you create an account depends on whether you have a forum account.
If you have a forum account, then you'll need to prove that you are the owner of the account. This can be done using a GitHub account or a random string in your forum account signature.
If you don't, then you can just sign up using an email address and password.
GitHub can only be used to log in, not to register.
My verification email never arrived
There are a number of reasons this may have happened:
- Incorrect email address entered.
- Temporary problem with ContentDB.
- Email has been unsubscribed.
When creating an account by email: If the email doesn't arrive after registering by email, then you'll need to try registering again in 12 hours. Unconfirmed accounts are deleted after 12 hours.
When changing your email (or it was set after a forum-based registration): then you can just set a new email in Settings > Email and Notifications.
If you have previously unsubscribed this email, then ContentDB is completely prevented from sending emails to that address. You'll need to use a different email address, or contact rubenwardy to remove your email from the blacklist.
How can I create releases automatically?
There are a number of methods:
- Git Update Detection: ContentDB will check your Git repo daily, and create updates or send you notifications.
- Webhooks: you can configure your Git host to send a webhook to ContentDB, and create an update immediately.
- the API: This is especially powerful when combined with CI/CD and other API endpoints.
How do I learn how to make mods and games for Minetest?
You should read the official Minetest Modding Book for a guide to making mods and games using Minetest.
How do I install something from here?
See Installing content.
How do I get help?
Please contact rubenwardy.