Sponges that remove water in an area around them.
They can be used to remove large amounts of water in survival, where worldedit would not be an option
- Soggy sponges are found deep in the sea, where it is dark (below -11), and are quite rare (lights are recommended).
- These can be cooked into dry sponges, and then placed near a liquid to remove an area of it.
- They will hold the water away until they are removed.
- They turn in to soggy sponges when used, so to use them again, they have to be cooked.
How it works:
- Sponges create a 9x9x9 cube of air-like nodes that water can't flow through (checks for protection in each position).
- If sponges have cleared more than 3 nodes of liquid, they become soggy sponges.
- Removing a sponge or soggy sponge will turn air-like nodes in the 9x9x9 cube back into air, as long as they are not in the area of another sponge.
(Air-like nodes can be removed even if protected, by removing a sponge outside the protection. they are not meant to be permanent)
Replace air nodes (sponge_replace_air_nodes): boolean, default true Causes sponges not to replace air with water blocking airlike nodes. Disabling this may cause unusual behaviour with flowing water.
Group list (sponge_group_list): list, default: water List of group names as group1,group2,... (common groups are water, liquid and lava) See "Group list type" (sponge_group_list_type) for the behaviour of this list.
Group list type (sponge_group_list_type): multi-choice, default whitelist_source If the groups in the group list should be treated as a whitelist or blacklist for removing liquids. The *_source variants will remove all flowing liquids regardless of the list.
Radius (sponge_radius): number, default 4.5 Radius of the sphere or cube of liquid that gets removed.
Sphere shape (sponge_shape_sphere): boolean, default true Whether to use a sphere shape to remove liquids.
Replace with air (sponge_replace_with_air): boolean, default false Replace liquids with air instead of liquid blocking nodes. This causes water to flow back immediately after placing the sponge.