REALTIME formspec viewer/editor "game" for minetest
This mod needs access to an insecure environment in order to work.
secure.trusted_mods in your
The file formspec.spec in your:
contains a formspec you can edit and see updates of in real time. (You can also specify a file location with the
Simply add the game to MT, load up a level of Formspec Editor, and you will be greeted with the formspec.
- To make edits, open the file in your editor of choice and make changes as you see fit. When you hit save, the formspec will auto-update. Best when used side by side.
- To exit just hit <escape> or use a button_exit button. Both send the fields.quit message.
- You can test with images if you want, adding a "textures" folder to the formspec_edit gamemod folder, otherwise images will default to random colors.
- You can show the formspec with builtin, minetest_game or mineclone2 styling (see the
- You can change the refresh rate by changing the
Makes creating formspecs a breeze
This 'game' is excellent. No longer do I need to launch a world, look at a formspec, tweak the code, reload the world. I get instant feedback on changes. Lining different elements up is soo easy with this.
INSANELY useful for formspec creation
This game is INCREDIBLE. Its the most efficient way to create formspecs.
Loved the idea!
Super easy way to create formspecs.
Wonderful development tool
Great for rapid prototyping!