Want to use this mod for API purposes? Enable the API mode in your Minetest settings!
Adds many types of vehicles.
A merge of all the vehicles from:
- "Mesecars" by paramat.
- "Car" by Esteban.
- "Boats" by PilzAdam.
"Hovercraft" by Stuart Jones.
28 vehicles currently.
All CAR01's can carry 3 passengers.
Disable vehicles by going to your Minetest Settings.
- Adding new vehicles is a simple matter of:
- Create/acquire vehicle model and textures.
- Create, and name appropriately, a new
.luafile on its appropiate folder for the vehicle based on one of the existing ones.
- Add a setting in
settingtypes.txtfor users to enable/disable it.
- Change settings in the file you created to reflect the new vehicle.
- Add a new line to
init.luato load the vehicle
dofile(minetest.get_modpath("vehicle_mash") .. "/NAME_OF_VEHICLE.lua")
Unzip the archive, rename the folder to
vehicle_mashand place it in ../minetest/mods/
GNU/Linux: If you use a system-wide installation place it in ~/.minetest/mods/.
If you only want this to be used in a single world, place the folder in worldmods/ in your world directory.
For further information or help, see:
- Attachments incorrectly ordered.
Copyright (C) 2015-2016 blert2112 and contributors
Copyright (C) 2019-2021 Panquesito7 and contributors
All licenses of previous works, of course, apply. (see credits below) As far as the work I did... It's really just a fork of a fork of a fork of a fork, tossed it all into a blender and spun it on puree for a bit. Baked it for a while and set it on the counter to cool. What I mean is, make what you will of it, it matters not to me.
LICENSE.md for more information.
vehicle_mash2.1.0 for MT 5.0.0+.
vehicle_mash2.0 for MT 0.4.12+ (may work on older versions).
There are no pending tasks to do yet.
- Fix passengers not detaching when driver gets out.
- Various other tweaks and fixes for passengers.
- Added vehicle crafting (Enabled by default).
- Added car battery, windshield, tire, and motor.
- All CAR01's can now carry 3 passengers.
- Move files to a folder of its own.
- Add GitHub workflow and LuaCheck.
settingtypes.txtto select enabled cars.
- Short a bit the code.
- Fix attachment positions for drivers/passengers on all vehicles.
- Adds red, green, and yellow hovercrafts.
mod.conffor name, description and dependencies.
- Support for MT 5.0.0+.
- converted to use the lib_mount mod for "driving"
- enlarged F1 and 126r models x2.5
- added yellow Mesecar
- updated boat model from default boat mod
- various speed/braking/turning/acceleration tweaks
- various collision box tweaks
- various other tweaks I probably forgot about
- last version supporting MT 0.4.12+.
- attach (one) passenger added
- reorganized vehicle definition file code and added some variables pertaining to passengers
- added a vehicle definition file template with comments
- cleaned up to remove code dulplication
- player now sits forward in vehicles
- tweaked player sit positions
- tweaked collison boxes
- proper placement on_ground/in_water
- added boats
- changed name so to not conflict with other mods
- car won't come to a complete stop (fixed)
- first release
Bugs, suggestions and new features
Report bugs or suggest ideas by creating an issue.
If you know how to fix an issue, consider opening a pull request.
Credit where credit is due
Black, Blue, Brown, Cyan, Dark Green, Dark Grey, Green, Grey, Magenta, Orange, Pink, Red, Violet, White, Yellow, Hot Rod, Nyan Ride, Oerkki Bliss, and Road Master from: "Car" by Esteban
- No info given in that mod but I am going to assume the credit for the original model goes to:
- Melcor and his CAR01 model
- License: CC-BY-NC-SA
MeseCars from: "Mesecars" by paramat
- Licenses: Code WTFPL, textures CC BY-SA
Boats from "Boats" by PilzAdam
- textures: Zeg9
- model: thetoon and Zeg9, modified by PavelS(SokolovPavel)
- License: WTFPL
Hovercraft from "Hovercraft" by Stuart Jones
- textures: CC-BY-SA
- sounds: freesound.org
- Rocket Boost Engine Loop by qubodup - CC0
- CARTOON-BING-LOW by kantouth - CC-BY-3.0
- All other sounds: Copyright Stuart Jones - CC-BY-SA
I am sure many others deserve mention.
If you feel left out let me know and I will add you in.