This mod is only for the NodeCore game. Ports to other game(s) are welcome.
This mod was created primarily for the use-case of the official unofficial NodeCore multiplayer server. Due to ongoing development on map generation and ore distribution, we sometimes reset the world. However, players don't always want to start from scratch every time. This mod provides a not-totally-gameplay-breaking method for players to preserve some of their property across resets.
- Each player has a separate platform, and players can only summon their own platform.
- Each platform can be summoned into a world only once.
- Once summoned, the platform cannot be moved or removed.†
- Anything inside the platform, other than the core and frame itself, can be modified.
- Every few seconds, the platform's core emits a puff of particles to indicate its contents synced off-world successfully.
- Things in node-space are saved, including all settled item stacks and metadata. Moving entities and players are not stored.
- After a world reset, summoning the platform in the new world will restore its saved contents from the previous world.
- The recipe for summoning the platform is a cross of Eggcorns of sufficient size laid out on flat ground; pummel the central Eggcorn with another Eggcorn.
- Everything else in the space where the platform is go be summoned must be air (everything else excavated).
- No access restrictions are imposed on the platform other than who can summon it. Once summoned it, protecting its contents are the responsibility of the player (or other protection mods if available).
The default platform size (configurable) is 9x9 at the base, 5 high.
For Server Operators:
- When resetting the map, remove
players.sqlite(or corresponding artifacts for your back-end).
- Make sure the
nc_exmachinadir is preserved.
- If you want a new map seed, you can remove or reset
map_meta.txt, otherwise you will get a fresh copy of the same terrain.
- The platform size is configurable, but platforms can only be safely restored in worlds where the size configuration matches.
† Moving or otherwise modifying the platform via worldedit or similar mods may be possible, but voids its warranty.