- rotate any node in a predictable manner regardless its current rotation
- rotation memory: optionally, place any new node with the same rotation as the last rotated node
- cycle through valid rotations in the same way as the built-in screwdriver would
Why yet another screwdriver?
The default screwdriver included in minetest_game, as well as any other screwdriver mod I have found, operate differently depending on the node's direction and rotation. This means that any given click on a node may produce different results which you cannot predict at a glance.
The Rhotator Screwdriver uses a different approach: the direction and orientation of the node make absolutely no difference.
These are the factors that affect the results of a click:
- the face you point at
- where on that face you point
- what button you click
- whether or not you hold down the sneak key
You will always be able to predict exactly the effect of the Rhotator Screwdriver.
Four consecutive clicks of the same button on the same position will always bring the node back to its original direction / orientation.
Video presentation! Woohoo
Click here to see the silly 30 minutes clunky video.
Click here to see the 5 minutes recap/update video for v1.4
See more details in the Github repo