This mod provides the option to place a compass, or a compass and a 24-hour clock, in one of the four corners of the screen.
By default nothing is displayed. Type the chat command "/compass" to place a compass in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Repeated use of this command will toggle the display of the compass off and on.
When given with an argument, the user can select whether to display just a compass, or a compass and a clock, and which corner of the screen to place them in. This is particularly useful with Android clients, where the bottom right corner of the screen has the jump button.
- "/compass 1" -> compass only, top right corner
- "/compass 2" -> compass only, bottom right corner
- "/compass 3" -> compass only, bottom left corner
- "/compass 4" -> compass only, top left corner
- "/compass 5" -> compass and clock, top right corner
- "/compass 6" -> compass and clock, bottom right corner
- "/compass 7" -> compass and clock, bottom left corner
- "/compass 8" -> compass and clock, top left corner
- "/compass 0" -> forces compass and clock off.
- The clock is a 24-hour clock, with only one hand that displays the hours. Noon is at the top and midnight is at the bottom.
- Local mod storage is used to maintain the state and position of hud_compass display between sessions, per user.
- A mod config setting is available to change the default initial state of this mod.
2020-04-23 Release fixes one clock texture that wasn't consistent, and significantly reduces the size of all the texture image files.
Once Again, Simplicity Rules
Me: "I wish there were a compass that points North."
kestral: "Stop wishing."
This is not an item that is crafted. It is a setting that places a compass & clock on the screen. Sometimes it's nice to have a feature that doesn't occupy an inventory slot. The compass does not have any special features, other than simply displaying the player's facing direction. If all you are looking for is getting yourself oriented without enabling debugging or displaying the in-game time, this mod will do the job.