Scriptblocks 2 is a Minetest mod and toy programming language using nodes called scriptblocks. Scriptblocks are nodes which can be used to build reusable programs.
- Support for nested expressions and variables.
- Custom, named procedures with up to 2 named parameters and dynamic scoping.
- First-class lists, dictionaries, and lexically scoped closures with up to 1 named parameter.
- Coroutines, closures that can be paused and resumed.
- Processes can run for more than one tick.
- Ability to interface with digiline networks.
- Spawnable processes, enabling pre-emptive multitasking.
- Introspective blocks for debug purposes, such as one to report a string representation of the call stack.
These features can be accessed through the 'Enable Experiments' setting. Some of these features can cause a lot of lag, even with the limits that have been imposed. Others are only useful for debugging purposes. Either way, don't enable these on a server!
First-class continuations have been moved to their own mod, SB2 Continuations.