minetest mod Simple Skins
Mod for skin appereance change of your player in a nice tab of your inventory
Simple Skins is a mod that's so easy to use you'll wonder why it hasn't been done before... Just download and start to use it in your inventory.
Must be named
simple_skins and uses SfInv or Inventory Plus mods,
and Unified Inventory if you use lasted original (master branch)
version when available to allow players to select a skin/texture from the list.
Original forum https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=9100
This mod its more basic and minimalis, no preview and no download/upload, management, it target is to be light for huge servers and be minimal for better performance.
Based on Zeg9's Skins mod originally from https://github.com/Zeg9/minetest-skins/ and with some help from PilzAdam. Also implements some minimal features backported from SkinDB like preview (disabled by default). The preview is autogenerated (2d), unless others mods.
You can clone this repository in your minetest mods directory or in your game.
- sfinv (optional, autodetected)
- player_api (newer version only)
- inventory_plus (optional, autodetected)
- unified_inventory (optional, autodetected)
You can download a skin from skin database, set a new skin converted from others boxel games or create it from scrat.
- Download a mt-skin It uses skins from Addi's MT-Skin-DB skin database, currently at http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/
- Download a mc-skind Uses minecraft 1.7 skins, for 1.8+ will need newer 5.X mt, and some images must crop it from 64x64 to 64x32.
To download a skin mt made or mc ones, just:
1. go to the web page skin, and download it, will get you a
2. put into the textures directory and rename it accordingly e.g
3. pop into the meta directory and make a new
character_2.txt empty file
4. fill the txt file with as described in Structure and formats
If you use the skindb download tool, that already generates all the necessary files, with the requested names and formats. https://github.com/minetest-mods/skinsdb/tree/master/updater
Structure and formats
Each skin is made up of at least two files, a png file and a txt file,
the "png file" is placed in the
textures directory and
the "txt file" in the
the format of the txt file is:
name = "Skin Name",
author = "author that make the skin",
- 1.0 - Added skin_limit setting to limit skins loaded, sanitized skin description
- 0.9 - Added Unified Inventory support (thanks Opvolger)
- 0.8 - Added player model preview when viewing formspec (Minetest 5.4 dev only)
- 0.7 - Add some error checks, improve /setskin and tweak & tidy code
- 0.6 - Updated to use Minetest 0.4.16 functions
- 0.5 - Added compatibility with default sfinv inventory, disabled /skin command for now
- 0.4 - Added /skin command to set player skin, no longer dependent on Inventory+, also /setskin command for server admin to set custom skins for player.
- 0.3 - Now works with Minetest 0.4.10+
- 0.2 - Added 3D_Armor mod compatibility
- 0.1 - Added addi's changes to highlight selected skin on list (thanks)
- 0.0 - Initial release