A feature-filled Discord relay for Minetest, supporting:
- Relaying server chat to Discord, and Discord chat to the server
- Allowing anyone to get the server status via a command
- Logging into the server from Discord (configurable)
- Running commands from Discord (configurable)
- A simple API
Great! How do I use it?
discordmt works by running a Python program which converses with a serverside mod using HTTP requests. Don't have or want Python? No problem! Binaries are also available, although updated less often.
If you want to run the source, however, Python 3.6.3+,
aiohttp 3.5+ and
discord.py 1.2.5+ are required.
- Download the mod and binary executable (or the source code and its dependencies.)
- Create an application at the Discord Developer Dashboard and enable it as a bot (in the Bot tab.)
- Copy the token from your newly-created bot, and use it to finish setting up
relay.conf: (The token shown below has been regenerated)
[BOT] token = NjEwODk0MDU4ODY4NzAzMjMz.XVL5dA.8j8d2XN8_5UwRheG91P2XksYDoM command_prefix = ! [RELAY] port = 8080 channel_id = 576585506658189332 allow_logins = true clean_invites = true use_nicknames = true
minetest.confto match the port you used in
relay.conf, and grant the mod permission to use the HTTP API. You may also set
discord.text_colorto a hex color string if you'd like to color relayed messages from Discord.
secure.enable_security = true secure.http_mods = discordmt discord.port = 8080 discord.text_color = #a7a7a7
(Side note: The port must be set in both
minetest.conf because users may decide to run the relay in a different location than the mod, or to run multiple relays/servers at once.)
- Run the relay and, when you're ready, the Minetest server. The relay may be left up even when the server goes down, or may run continuously between several server restarts, for maximum convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I just want a normal relay. Can I disable logins?
A: Yep! Just set
allow_logins = false in
Q: Do I need to re-login after a server restart, like with the IRC mod? A: Nope, logins persist as long as the relay is up.
Q: I'm getting an HTTP error - it says the server can't be found?
A: Make sure the relay is running and that you've configured the correct port in both