This Minetest mod adds graffiti that lets you paint whatever you want on any node you want. It requires at least Minetest 5.6.0.
- Paint pixel-by-pixel on any node
- Different sizes: Paint up to 5×5 pixels at a time
- Paint in custom colors with the RGB spray can
- Remove graffiti with the eraser-like "remover" spray can or by digging the sprayed nodes
- Respects protection mods
- Compatible with Minetest Game and MineClone 2
This mod is a Work in Progress.
Graffiti Spray Can
Press and hold the dig button (the left mouse button) to paint. Press the place button (the right mouse button) to change the size.
After some time, the spray can will be empty. You can smelt spray cans, empty or not, to get the two steel ingots back. Of course, you can replace the cyan dye in the recipe with any dye you like.
If you are playing on Android: For the best spraying experience, enable
All Settings →
RGB Graffiti Spray Can
A spray can that can paint in any 24-bit RGB color and thus in all colors supported by Minetest. Press the place button (the right mouse button) to change the selected color.
Red Mushroom Extract
Graffiti Remover Spray Can
A spray can that removes graffiti. Essentially an eraser.
If you want to remove a lot of graffiti at once, you can simply dig the affected nodes and place them again. This will remove all graffiti that is on them.
Something like this, but for NodeCore.
v1.0.0-alpha.13 (May 19, 2023)
- The "different brush sizes" feature is now considered stable.
- Performance improvements
- Small bugfixes and improvements
v1.0.0-alpha.12 (May 3, 2023)
- Adjustments to the behavior when drawing across multiple nodes of which only some are protected (this is not a bugfix)
- Adjustments to spacing in GUIs
- Show the selected size of spray cans in the hotbar and the inventory
- Show the selected color of RGB spray cans in the hotbar and the inventory [only works on 5.8.0-dev clients]
v1.0.0-alpha.11 (Apr 30, 2023)
- Experimental support for painting with different "brush sizes"
v1.0.0-alpha.10 (Mar 12, 2023)
- Support for MineClone 2
v1.0.0-alpha.9 (Mar 4, 2023)
- Addition of the "RGB Graffiti Spray Can"
- New textures that were contributed by Tim79000
v1.0.0-alpha.8 (Feb 24, 2023)
- Graffiti is now removed when you dig the node it is attached to.
- Performance improvements
© 2022 Gregor Parzefall
Source code (everything except image and audio files) available under the GNU AGPL version 3.0 or any later version, media (image and audio files) available under the CC BY-SA 4.0.
This licensing means, for example, that if you use a modified version of this mod on your server, you must provide the source code of that modified version to your players. For more information, please read the licenses.
textures/ggraffiti_spray_can_remover.png by Tim79000 (CC BY-SA 4.0), modified by Gregor Parzefall
docpics/screenshot_3.png by Lemente (CC0 1.0)
Perfect for wayfinding/signage/navigation design!
You take a spraycan and start painting on almost any surface. It doesn't produce anything weird or out of place, and doesn't take the space of a node.
idea : using it for cave paintings!
Working like a charm but after restart got this:
Pixel artists dream
One of my new favorite mods. Would be a fun addition to Backrooms Test. Absolutely recommended! All I would ask is some way to transport your masterpiece once you've finished. Though I can't of any way that'd work.
It's virtual paint, within Minetest
I can see quite a few uses for this mod, from making a black board with some educational question or equation on it, to using it to make a cool billboard for some kind of advertisement. (Ever wanted to depict some kind of pixel art from within Minetest, well with this you can)
Some ideas for __future__ versions:
Option to change how big you paint by (right now it's 1 pixel in size, but 2 and 3 pixel sizes might be nicer, especially for cleaning up with the anti graffiti spray can)
Some kind of way to limit players so they can't paint everywhere (Right now I think the mod allows you to paint ontop of every block regardless of it being protected or not, a simple solution is to only allow painting in areas you have access too)
Even with the
creativepriviledge a player still consumes paint in spray cans (Most mods check if the player has
creativepriviledges in which case they don't reduce durability, this mod doesn't have that check it consumes durability regardless)
Great mod, but no sound.
Also the anti-graffiti does not work. I click on the node. Then sparyed.