Minecart is based on carts, which is based almost entirely on the mod boost_cart , which itself is based on (and fully compatible with) the carts mod .
- A fast cart for your railway or roller coaster (up to 7 m/s!)
- Boost and brake rails
- Rail junction switching with the 'right-left' walking keys
- Handbrake with the 'back' key
- Minecart has its own cart in addition to the standard cart.
- The Minecart can "run" through unloaded areas. This is done by means of recorded and stored routes. If the area is unloaded the cart will simply follow the predefined route until an area is loaded again. In this case the cart will be spawned and run as usual.
- The Minecart is protected and can't be removed by foreign players.
- Protection Landmarks to protect the rails
- To store a route, a player has to place Railway Buffers on both ends, and use the Minecart to drive the route in both directions.
- The digging of protected Minecarts and rails is only possible as an owner or with 'minecart' privs.
The main use of the Minecart is for item transport from mines to warehouses, ideally by means of an automation mod like Signs Bot.
How to use
- Place your rails and build a route with two ends. Junctions are allowed as long as each route has its own start and end point.
- Place a Railway Buffer at both ends.
- Protect your rails with the Protection Landmarks (one Landmark at least every 16 blocks)
- Drive the route in both directions (route recording), starting at the Railway Buffers.
- Now you can drop items into the Minecart and punch the cart to get started.
- Sneak+click the cart to get the items back
- Dig the empty cart with a second sneak+Click (as usual).