The mod Minecart has its own cart (called Minecart) in addition to the standard cart. Minecarts are used for automated item transport on private and public rail networks. The mod features are: - configurable timetables and routes for Minecarts - automated loading/unloading of Minecarts by means of a Minecart Hopper - rail network protection based on protection blocks called Land Marks - protection of minecarts and cargo - Minecarts run through unloaded areas (only the stations/hopper have to be loaded) - Extra Minecard privs for rail workers - Ingame documentation (German and English), based on the mod "doc"
The Minecart can "run" through unloaded areas. This is done by means of recorded and stored routes. If the area is unloaded the cart will simply follow the predefined route until an area is loaded again. In this case the cart will be spawned and run as usual.
- Place your rails and build a route with two endpoints. Junctions are allowed as long as each route has its own start and endpoint.
- Place a Railway Buffer at both endpoints. (buffers are always needed, they store the route and timing information)
- Give both Railway Buffers unique station names, like Oxford and Cambridge
- Drive from buffer to buffer in both directions using a Minecart(!) to record the routes (use 'right-left' keys to control the Minecart)
- Punch the buffers to check the connection data (e.g. "Oxford: connected to Cambridge")
- Optional: Configure the Minecart stop time in one or both buffers. The Minecart will then start automatically after the configured time
- Optional: Protect your rail network with the Protection Landmarks (one Landmark at least every 16 nodes/meters)
- Place a Minecart in front of the buffer and check whether it starts after the configured time
- Drop items into the Minecart and punch the cart to start it, or "sneak+click" the Minecart to get the items back
- Dig the empty cart with a second "sneak+click" (as usual)
The Hopper is used to load/unload Minecarts. The Hopper can pull and push items into/out off chests and can drop/pick up items to/from Minecarts. To unload a Minecart place the hopper below the rail. To load the Minecart, place the hopper right next to the Minecart.