In development. Expect issues!
- can push players
- can push entities that implement it
- particles that show wind direction
- commands and settings for configurability
- no sounds yet
- doesn't apply underground, only when 15 light level (which is only in natural light) or tests for natural light (mte 5.6)
- works with sum_airship for smoke and airship being affected by wind
This is primarily for airships, but can effect flying with elytra in mcl for example. Should be compatible with any game, and almost any engine (if the get_natural_light function is not available it defaults to a pre 5.6 method).
The global var is
sum_air_currents. Use this to get the wind or set anything. For most uses you can do
local wind = vector.new() if sum_air_currents ~= nil then ⠀⠀wind = sum_air_currents.get_wind() end
You can also use
local new_vel = sum_air_currents.apply_wind(vel, pos)
All of these methods are turned on or off with the command
wind off/on and
wind pushentities true/false.
More documentation will come with time.