Techage represents five technological ages
- Iron Age (TA1) - simple tools like coal pile, coal burner, gravel sieve, hammer for getting ores and making goods
- Steam Age (TA2) - Simple machines that are powered by steam engines and drive axles
- Oil Age (TA3) - More modern machines that are powered by electricity. The electricity is generated by coal & oil power plants. The oil must be explored, extracted and transported.
- Present (TA4) - Electricity from renewable energy sources such as sun and wind.
- Future (TA5) - Machines to overcome space and time, new sources of energy and other achievements.
Since the levels build on each other, all ages have to be run through one after the other
This modpack covers all necessary and useful mods to be able to use techage.
It includes the following mods:
- techage: The main mod
- ta4_jetpack: A Jetpack for techage with hydrogen as fuel and TA4 recipe
- ta4_paraglider: A Paraglider for techage with TA4 recipe
- ta4_addons: A Touchscreen like the TA4 display, but with additional commands and features
- autobahn: Street blocks and slopes with stripes for faster travelling (the only need of bitumen from techage)
- compost: The garden soil is needed for the TA4 LED Grow Light based flower bed
- signs_bot: For many automation tasks in TA3/TA4 like farming, mining, and item transportation
- hyperloop: Used as passenger transportation system in TA4
- techpack_stairway: Ladders, stairways, and bridges for your machines
- minecart: Techage transportation system for oil and other items
- towercrane: Simplifies the building of large techage plants
- basic_materials: Needed items for many recipes
- stamina: The "hunger" mod from "minetest-mods"
- doc: Ingame documentation mod, used for minecart and signs_bot
- unified_inventory: Player's inventory with crafting guide, bags, and more.
- tubelib2: Necessary library
- networks: Necessary library
- safer_lua: Necessary library
- lcdlib: Necessary library
- datastorage: Necessary library
Quintessential Tech & Automation Pack
This pack has everything you need for a technology based Minetest game. Electricity, automated mining and smelting, item transport, programmable robots and more. You will not need Technic, mesecons, pipeworks or anything else alongside this modpack. It provides everything you need via alternative methods.
The pack includes a full guide called the "TA Construction Board" which walks you through all of the mechanics. Machines have labeled faces for input and output which respect the rotation of the node. Item tubes are opaque and optimized. Generation and distribution of electricity are very well done as well as fluid pipes and other mechanics. The complex multi-block machines are fun to build and the instructions are easy to follow.
Techage is essentially a complete automation game created with Minetest that gives other games in the genre a run for their money; especially considering everything is free, open source and highly optimized.
Pretty much a technolgy-centered game
This is the most expansive yet straightforward technology mod for Minetest. Its best feature is that is adds actual progression to MTG, other than the obvious stone-steel-mese/diamond upgrade chain it already has. From the very beginning, you will need a charcoal mound and a smelting tower to start with advanced metalworking, which adds a nice mechanic to the beginning. Then you will build a steam engine, which is when the real game begins. You can start automating almost anything now, from ores to farming. Oil is also such a genious addition: wells are often far from where you have built your base, so you don't need to just find one, but also create a system to transport the oil to wherever you factories will be. Overall, this is one of the best mods for Minetest.
finally a more "realistic" technic mod with process
this mod has brought me many hours of funn and i can recommend it for tech oriented servers its so much more immersive building a ta1 furnace than the technic mod 1ne block furnace (=D) its just the most immersive technic mod aviable right now
its the perfect choice of technic mod for any realistic automation / technic/ industrial / historical / realistic roleplay oriented server
More fun tech to play with
I enjoy playing with this modpack, as I enjoy building complex machines and automation in minetest. It adds that extra flair of realism that technic doesn't have. Sometimes I just want to have a bit of realism in my automation and machines.
Great modpack. Starts a bit slow.
I LOVE THIS MOD.
I enjoy playing it, and I've sunk a lot of hours into it.
Howerver, I think TA1 is a bit slow.
The first time I saw the Techage mod pack I didn't think much of it, but I have since changed my mind. After watching some videos of people using it I was amazed at all the cool things that it can do. I personally will be using it shortly.
This mod is very well documented. I could just follow the plan and enjoy building my factory. it also proofed to be quite nice for creative projects, because with ta buttons and mesecons converters I could put the switches anywhere, and the door controller is a great trap. but here strange tings startet happening. I had a very big net for my lights and it behaved strange. The lamps sometimes didnt react to switching the power on and off. They just stayed on. The only fix was to rightclick them twice. I also tried TNT on ta blocks. The TA3 boiler just leaves its top in place, whitch cant be removed like chests with items in them. I could only remove them by disabling techage, remove the unknown nodes and reenabe it.
Best Technical Mod on Minetest
This modpack is very smooth and has the lowest lag generation among all of the machine and technical mods. While having changes to suit a game, this modpack is also fairly true to life and thus more believable and it has more value as an educational too. Highly recomended.
progress is sometimes slow, but still, fun mod.
Maybe add hydroelectric power for TA4. Also, perhaps XP faster from the collider(or a seperate XP acquisition method) would do well EDIT: XP now configurable. thanks
This fancy mods adds lots of super nodes! Thank you!
Best technic modpack which is for minetest downloadable
It is really the best technic modpack which is downloadable for minetest. Other i can't say.
Yet another very captivating mod!
Encore un autre Mod vraiment tres intéressant créé par joe7575 pour ceux qui aime construire des syteme avec des machines captivente. L'essayer c'est l'adopter ( et rester accro )! En progressant tout au long des 4 ages, une histoire ce crée grace a ce mod encore une fois tres biens réussi!
Yet another really very interesting Mod created by joe7575 for those who like to build systems with captivating machines. To try it is to adopt it (and stay addicted)! By progressing throughout the 4 ages, a story is created thanks to this mod once again very successful!