Technic Plus Beta package contains latest updates for Technic Plus mod, this version might not be as stable as Technic Plus release version as it contains latest changes and additions which might include somewhat experimental features and is not tested as well as stable release.
See Technic Plus package for stable and better tested release.
The technic modpack extends the Minetest game with many new elements, mainly constructable machines and tools. It is a large modpack, and tends to dominate gameplay when it is used. This manual describes how to use the technic modpack, mainly from a player's perspective.
The technic modpack depends on some other modpacks:
- the basic Minetest game
- mesecons, which supports the construction of logic systems based on signaling elements
- pipeworks, which supports the automation of item transport
- moreores, which provides some additional ore types
- basic_materials, which provides some basic craft items
This manual doesn't explain how to use these other modpacks, which have their own manuals:
- Minetest Game Documentation
- Mesecons Documentation
- Pipeworks Documentation
- Moreores Forum Post
- Basic materials Repository
- mtinfo generated documentation
Recipes for constructable items in technic are generally not guessable, and are also not specifically documented here. You should use a craft guide mod to look up the recipes in-game. For the best possible guidance, use the unified_inventory mod, with which technic registers its specialised recipe types.
- Electrical power
- Powered machines
- Forceload anchor
subjects missing from this manual:
- My technic circuit doesn't work. No power is distributed.
- A: Make sure you have a switching station connected.
This is a maintained fork of https://github.com/minetest-mods/technic with various enhancements. Suitable for multiplayer environments.
- Chainsaw and HV Quarry re-implementation (@OgelGames)
- Switching station lag/polyfuse and globalstep execution (@BuckarooBanzay)
- No forceload hacks
- Additional HV machines (@h-v-smacker)
- LV, MV, and HV digiline cables (@S-S-X and @SwissalpS)
- Chests with digilines and more complete user interface
- Most of network code rewritten
- Many bugs that allowed cheating fixed
- CNC machine with pipeworks, upgrades and digiline support
- Better performance
- various others...
This mod is meant as a drop-in replacement for the upstream
It also provides some additional machines and items, notably:
- HV Grinder, Furnace, and Compressor
- LV Lamp
- LV, MV, and HV Digiline cables
Recommended optional Dependencies:
Recommended mods that build on the
|enable_wrench_crafting||enable recipe for wrench|
|enable_radiation_throttling||enable lag- and per-second-throttling of radiation damage|
|admin_priv||Privileges required to use administrative chat commands like cache flushing and enabling/disabling machines globally.|
|quarry_max_depth||max depth of the quarry.|
|quarry_time_limit||max cpu time in μs allowed per quarry step.|
|quarry_dig_above_nodes||begin digging this many nodes above quarry node.|
|quarry_dig_particles||Enables particle effect with the quarry digs a node.|
|network_overload_reset_time||After network conflict wait this many seconds before attempting to activate conflicting networks again.|
|switch_off_delay_seconds||switching station off delay.|
See configuration for CNC machines here / other additional options / documentation in source repository.
- /technic_flush_switch_cache clears the switching station cache (stops all unloaded switches)
- /powerctrl [on|off] enable/disable technic power distribution globally
- /technic_get_active_networks [minlag] list all active networks with additional network data
- /technic_clear_network_data removes all networks and network nodes from the cache