Important: The current version of DlxTrains ModPack requires AdvTrains 2.4.0 or later
DlxTrains ModPack is an extension for AdvTrains that adds train related content for Minetest train operations. Features of the modpack include:
- Detailed locomotives and wagons whose livery and age appearance can be selected by the owning player.
- 3 diesel locomotives with dynamic sound, smoke and texture effects.
- 11 industrial freight wagons, including some that have visible loads that reflect the wagon's inventory.
- 2 support wagons, including an escort wagon and a caboose.
Please see the README file in each of the included mod folders for important additional information.
- DlxTrains - This is the base mod needed by all other DlxTrains related mods. It contains common craft items and tools for the modpack plus utilities needed by the other DlxTrains mods.
- DlxTrains Cargo - This is an optional mod that adds some cargo nodes as well as additional cargo related textures that can be used by the DlxTrains Industrial Wagons mod.
- DlxTrains Diesel Locomotives - This mod provides three diesel locomotives in multiple liveries. Players can optionally customize the exterior of these locomotives with a visible unit number that is unique to each locomotive.
- DlxTrains Industrial Wagons - This mod provides freight wagons that feature selectable liveries and, in some cases, visible cargo.
- DlxTrains Support Wagons - This mod provides support wagons, including an escort wagon and a caboose, both of which provide additional seating for train crew members. These wagons also feature selectable liveries.
[1.12.0] - 2023-11-14
- Added the Australian Flat Wagon
- Added one livery each for the Australian Louver Van and the European Escort Wagon.
- Use the current Minetest internationalization system
- Minor code cleanup
[1.11.0] - 2023-10-09
- Added two livery options for both the North American SW1500 and European BR218 diesel locomotives.
- Corrected a minor rendering issue with the European BR218 Diesel Locomotive.
[1.10.0] - 2023-07-07
- Added the European BR218 Diesel Locomotive.
[1.9.1] - 2022-08-24
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a container wagon and one of the common versions of the Technic mod is active.
[1.9.0] - 2022-07-16
- Added the North American SW1500 Diesel Locomotive.
- Added support for the advtrains_attachment_offset_patch.
- Added the missing coupler specifications for the European G1206 Diesel Locomotive.
[1.8.0] - 2022-03-31
- Added tank containers (ISO tanks) as a new load option for the container wagons. These will be visible when the wagons are loaded with water, water buckets or other filled liquid containers.
- Added extra tank container liveries to dlxtrains_cargo.
- Added 3 more livery options to both of the European container wagons.
- Tweaked the safety paint scheme of the container wagons.
- Restored the directory structure in the textures directories.
- Fixed a minor issue in the shipping container livery assignment algorithm.
[1.7.0] - 2022-02-13
- Added the option for players to customize the exterior of their European G1206 Diesel Locomotives with a visible unit number that is unique to each locomotive.
- Added wheel position information to all locomotive and wagon definitions needed by the new wheel alignment algorithm that is expected in the next update of AdvTrains (after v2.4.1).
- Corrected a minor rendering issue with the European G1206 Diesel Locomotive.
[1.6.0] - 2022-01-30
- Added the DLX diesel locomotives mod which initially includes the European G1206 Diesel Locomotive.
- Added missing mod dependencies.
- Corrected the length check for determining when to include the Wooden Caboose with Cupola.
[1.5.0] - 2021-12-12
- Added more livery options to several of the existing industrial wagons.
- Updated DLX wagons to require matching coupler types when coupling wagons, a new feature that was added to AdvTrains 2.4.0. (Thanks to Maverick2797)
[1.4.0] - 2021-10-17
- Added the DlxTrains Support Wagons mod which includes the European Escort Wagon and the Wooden Caboose with Cupola.
[1.3.0] - 2021-08-25
- Added North American Covered Hopper Wagon.
- Added a wagon properties button to the wagon inventory forms. (Thanks to Maverick2797)
- Removed empty space from European Single Container Wagon's inventory form. (Thanks to Maverick2797)
1) All of the locomotives and wagons in this modpack will function properly on any of the AdvTrains track. However, the appearance of some of the longer wagons in this modpack will be more realistic if they are only used on track that is built with large radius curves and shallowest slopes. This is not deemed to be a significant problem since it also happens in the real world that there are some trains that can only run on track that is constructed to accommodate their requirements. However, players wanting to limit the inclusion of longer DLX wagons in game should consult the DlxTrains mod's README.md file for details on how to accomplish that using that mod's settings.
2) All of the locomotive and wagon liveries in this modpack are intended to be fictional.
3) The locomotives and wagons in this mod are modeled with some additional detail to highlight a few of their distinct characteristics. The goal was to achieve a reasonable balance between additional detail while still maintaining an overall appearance appropriate for Minetest.
This modpack would not exist without the prior efforts of the following people:
- orwell, creator of AdvTrains, upon which this modpack depends.
- rubberduck, creator of the moretrains modpack for AdvTrains and whose excellent models were an inspiration for starting this project.
- gpcf, whose technical work to enable players to paint wagons (JR E231 Series) and wagons to have visible cargo based on their inventory content (see forum posts and gcpf's enhancements in Moretrains) was an inspiration for the texture and model manipulation features of this modpack.
Copyright © 2021-2023 Marnack
- DlxTrains ModPack code is licensed under the GNU AGPL version 3 license, see LICENSE.txt for details.
- Unless otherwise specified, DlxTrains ModPack media (models, textures and sounds) are licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported.
The following textures from prior art where included in whole or in part in some of the textures for this ModPack:
From the game for Minetest named "mintest_game":
- default_acacia_wood.png (CC BY-SA 3.0 by paramat)
- default_junglewood.png (CC BY-SA 3.0 by paramat)
- default_pine_wood.png (CC BY-SA 3.0 by paramat)
- default_tree.png (CC BY-SA 3.0 by Cisoun)
- default_tree_top.png (CC BY-SA 3.0 by Cisoun)
- default_wood.png (CC BY-SA 3.0 by BlockMen)
From the mod for Minetest named "farming":
- farming_hemp_rope.png (CC BY-SA 3.0 by TenPlus1)