NodeCore is a major reconstruction of survival gameplay from the ground up. Relearn much of what you thought you knew about Minetest!*
- Immersive gameplay. Zero in-game pop-up GUIs. Minimal HUDs. All interactions take place in continuous first-person perspective. Nothing gets between you and the game world.
- Nearly everything is on the grid. Item stacks settle onto the grid and persist. Complex machines (e.g. furnaces, storage) are built in-world and can be designed, customized, optimized.
- In-world crafting. Assemble more complex recipes directly on the grid or in-place. Learn how to "pummel" nodes to hammer things together or break things apart.
- Built-in player guide and hint system provides low-spoiler guidance.
- Rich and subtle interactions. Some materials dig and transform in stages. Some materials slump into repose when stacked high. Some things transform if conditions are met, but transform faster based on environment. Experiment and see what effects what!
- Build complex in-game systems. Design your own furnace. Construct digital logic circuits. Build gears and rotary machinery. Assemble portable storage containers.
Complete, but Actively Developed
- New content is periodically added. Remember to check for updates.
- Future changes may break compatibility and/or alter behavior, especially internal API.
- MapGen changes may require starting a new world or exploring new areas to see effects.